DAY 6 (Friday August, 11th 2017)

Mother's Day Celebration

Today I went to school with Asya and Ping as usual. Today our school was celebrating a mother's day that falls on August, 12th 2017. Mother's day in Thailand is commemorated on 12 August because that date is the date of queen shirikit's birth. At this event all teachers are required to wear blue clothes and also put the jasmine flowers on their chests that symbolize the sanctity of the flower.


As for the event there were performances from some students such as traditional dance, singing songs, and most importantly giving the flower to  mother who on occasion was placed on the chairman of the Watkian school  as symbolic. At the end of the event we held a photo session together with the entire board of teachers from pre-school, primary to secondary teachers. So, I felt that I was one of them.

All teachers of Wat Khian School

At break time I went to the school canteen to help Ms. Napa and Ms. Faa to serve lunch to the students. The students paid 20 bhat to get rice, vegetables and side dishes.

Serving lunch menu

When it's done then I and Ms. Faa had lunch in a Muslim restaurant as usual. This restaurant is adjacent to the mosque.

Thai Pakistan Mosque

The last schedule of the school on Friday is sport subject but at that time all the students and teachers were preparing  the sport's day which will be held on Tuesday-Thursday next week. I walked around the school observing the students' exercise and occasionally talking to the teacher who was guiding them.

Students prepare the performance for sport day

I went to the dormitory at around five thirty because I had to wait for Ms. Faa. Ms. Faa prepared things for sport's day. Ms. Napa drove me back to the dormitory like she did to me on the first day of school. In the dorm I and my other friends prepared a birthday surprise for Ace one of our friends from Philippines. We knocked on his door and gave him a cake. He was very surprised and did not expect that we would give the surprise to him. 

Ace's birthday

At night Pon (thai friend) invited us to go to the night market which is not too far from our dorm. We went there by Pon's car. I thought this market is very unique because generally, the sellers in that market were wearing traditional clothing to sell their goods and stuffs. We walked around the street and did not forget to capture every moment we have at that place. besides, we also watched several performances that performed by some people to entertain the visitors.
U-Thong squad at night market

At 9.30 we went back to the dorm because our dormitory would close at 10.00 pm. Before going to bed I wrote my unfinished daily report then took a rest from all activities today. Good bye! And see yaaa!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DAY 27 (Friday September, 1st 2017)

DAY 28 (Saturday September, 2nd 2017)

DAY 26 (Thursday August, 31st 2017)