Day 16 (Monday August, 21st 2017)

My First Teaching Practice

Today is the day when I have to practice in two classes, 8/1 and 8/2. The first teaching at 12.30-13.30 pm and  the second teaching at 13.30-14.30 pm. In the second teaching Ms. Sherina as my university mentor came to school to observe my teaching performance. In the 8/1 class I taught about discovering food or vocabularies related to fruits and vegetables. The students were  very enthusiastic in learning moreover when they have to do the task in the group or collaborative learning. They were competing to finish it as soon as possible. It was very fun.



 My teaching practice

 Collaborative learning

In general the level of students' competences in English were beginner to intermediate level so that I as a teacher should continue to lead them to follow each activity in the classroom. They are still quite difficult to pronounce the word in English. Therefore, that was my challenge as a Pre-service teacher in English subject. Nevertheless I really enjoyed my teaching practice for seeing those who are very enthusiastic to learn English. 

While in class 8/2 it is slightly different where most students were in beginner level. As well as the previous class I tried to guide the students to be able to follow the lesson. Furthermore, the problem was in the time issue. The duration of time for each subject in this school is 60 minutes which the duration is less according to me. As information of English lesson for grade 8 in this school is 3 times in a week.

After the lesson is over, ms. Sherina gave a feedback and evaluation from my teaching performance. There were some aspects I need to improve and evaluate. She also motivated me to be able to give the best in my next teaching performances. After that I went back to the office and took a rest for a while.


I returned to the dorm at around 4:00 pm. In the evening I prepared everything for my teaching practice on Wednesday. See you!!!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DAY 27 (Friday September, 1st 2017)

DAY 28 (Saturday September, 2nd 2017)

DAY 26 (Thursday August, 31st 2017)