DAY 23 (Monday August, 28th 2017)

History Subject

In the morning I went to school as usual. Today is my H-1 to go to school before back to Indonesia. In the afternoon I have my lunch in library with ms. Faa and Mr. Nick. Today's lunch menu is chicken fried rice (again) hehe.

After school Ms. Napa and Ms. Faa invited me to visit several tourist attractions in Ayutthaya. The first place we visited was The King Naresuan The Great Monument. In this place we can find a large statue of King Naresuan riding a horse. The statue was made to commemorate the services and courage of King Naresuan.

The front of Monument

Behind the monument

In front of the monument we can find many cocks brought by the visitors of the place in order to honor the services of King Naresuan. Besides, we can also find weapons used by King Naresuan at that time.

A lot of Cocks in front of the monument

The next place we visited was Wat Mahathat. The foreigner like me have to pay B 50 to get into the temple. for local residents is charged B 10 but for students and teachers did not pay anything or free. This place is famous for Buddha's relics were enshrined. Visitors are also not allowed to take a photo randomly even with standing position therefore visitors were only allowed to take pictures by sitting politely in order to honor the Buddha statue.

 Wat Mahathat
(From left Ms. Napa, Me and Ms. Faa)

Wat Mahathat 

Ms. Napa also explained a lot about the history of the place, the differences among pagodas, temples, and several do and don'ts at the place.





The third place and also the last place we visited that day was Pom Phet. This place is located about 500 m from my dorm. In that place we can find an old building resembling a cave used by soldiers to protect themselves when the conflict.

 In front of Pom Phet




The old building

After that Ms. Napa and Ms. Faa dropped me to the dorm because the rain started to fall and it was getting dark. I am very pleased to be able to know more about the history of Ayuttahaya which certainly can increase my knowledge especially about the historical side of this place.

In the evening I and my four other Indonesian friends practiced our performance for Cultural Exchange in ARU for Wednesday. Furthermore, I took a rest at around 23.00 am. 

See You tomorrow :)

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

DAY 27 (Friday September, 1st 2017)

DAY 28 (Saturday September, 2nd 2017)

DAY 26 (Thursday August, 31st 2017)